PᗣᗧMᗣN for mIRC
Do you like playing games? Did you know that Ouims created PᗣᗧMᗣN online for mIRC? Read on!
Step 1 - Obtain the installer
- Load the installation script in your remote script section. Either you open the pac_installer.mrc file and copy paste the code in mIRC remote script section or you use the
/load -rs <path to pac_installer>\pac_installer.mrccommand.
Step 2 - Run the installer
- Go to the menubar or right-click the status window and select
Pacman Install. Click ‘Yes’ in the following dialog window:
- Pacman will install from the remote location.
- Pacman will ask you if you want to get rid of the installations script. Just click ‘Yes’.
- Pacman will ask you where to place the application. Just choose ‘menubar’.
Step 3 - Launching Pacman
- (Pacman will automatically launch after you installed it). Otherwise click on the menubar in mIRC and select
Pacman > Run.
Step 4 - Play a game against the computer
- There’s three tabs in the main dialog window: Lobby, Game and Settings. Click on Settings and click on
Start. It will ask you for a nickname, so enter one!
- Under Maps available, double-click black so it is added to the Maps played listbox;
- Under Moderation, select the nickname you entered and press the Pacman button;
- Under Cpu ghosts, select ‘3’;
- Select the checkbox Server is ready;
- Select the tab Game;
- Select the checkbox Ready;
- Play against the computer!
P.S.: You can also PvP! A player can host a server so other players can connect to it. Then, each can assigned a Pacman or ghost role. For more information, talk to Ouims on SwiftIRC (#pacman)
edited-to-add: The game consists of a client and server module. In order to play the game, one needs to host the server on a Windows computer for that part uses COM objects. The screenshots in the above example are from a macOS computer running crossover (WINE) and therefore you can only use the client side! In other words: you can play Pacman in mIRC in WINE as long as you connect to a Windows computer that hosts the server side!